I think that the iPhone fans have a new strategy: talk about the iPhone rumor enough to convince Apple that there’s a business opportunity.
That would be great for consumers, but would it be good for Apple? Probably not. Wireless carriers are the kings, they can make or break a device, or at least prevent it from being massively sold by putting it -or not- in their catalogs. The trend is that phone manufacturers are going to be squeezed by the carriers, in terms of gross margins and freedom of innovation.
It has happened in Japan: the Japanese carriers reign supreme and dictate features and specifications to the manufacturers. That’s the last thing Apple wants to get into. If they can work around this problem, this might become a good business.
Just my 2 cents…
Next Story: Diode LED Wristwatch, by Saishin
- 2014-04-02: Shoptagr: Tag Now and Shop Later for Less
- 2013-08-08: Civilization Online Revealed
- 2013-08-07: Apple Granted Appeal That Reinstates ITC Case Against Motorola
- 2013-08-06: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Always-On Voice Recognition
- 2013-08-06: LG G2 Release Expected On Launch Day