Kyocera is testing out “iBurst”, a wireless technology that would enable downstream speeds of 1MBps. iBurst has been rolled out in Australia for business purposes. Kyocera is the supplier of base stations and receivers.
The current experiments are aiming at doubling the speed by next year and get a tenfold boost by 2009.
With EV-DO already out in Japan and rolling out in the U.S right now, why create another standard? EV-DO is capable of 2.4Mbps (peak) speeds.
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- India Courts Allows Nokia To Transfer Chennai Factory Assets To Microsoft
- Cover Lock Screen App For Android Now Available For Download
- Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- FCC And Wireless Carriers Arrive On A Cellphone Unlocking Agreement