It seems that Verizon’s EV-DO 3G service is expanding in L.A.
Practically all the county of Los Angeles would be covered by now, along with parts of neighboring counties. The service was already available in Orange County and San Diego.
Verizon is going to be the first carrier to roll out a 3G (3rd Generation) wireless service. EV-DO should be available in most major cities by next summer.
It is capable of reaching peak download speeds of 2.4 Mbps on a cellphone and has a real-life speed of 500Kbps, the speed of the average broadband connection. Unlike WiFi “Hotspots”, EV-DO will have very large coverage, hopefully the same than cellphone services.
- Samsung Reportedly Expects To Sell 330 Million Smartphone Units Next Year
- Nokia BH-121 Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced
- Motorola Releases Active Display Update To Fix Lock Screen Lag Bug
- Vivo Xplay 3S Rumored To Feature 2K Display
- ZeroLemon’s 10,000mAh Extended Battery Case For Your Galaxy Note 3