Philips wants to push the Windows Media Center remote design further with this “Philips Media Center Control” remote that promises to make it easier to access videos, music and photos on your Media Center (MC) PC.
The LCD screen on the remote is the main innovation. It receives information from the Media Center PC, such as music lists. As one selects the “My Music” menu in Media Center, a list of playable song will be transferred (via infrared) to the remote. The music can then be selected, iPod-style.
This remote control is also programmable, and could eventually replace all the remotes that you have in your living room. It sure sounds cool, but I wouldn’t be ready to spend big bucks on it. I would love to try it, however.
Next Story: Guardian Angel bags
- 2014-01-06: Steiger Dynamics Announce MAVEN Home Theater PC
- 2013-12-04: ASUS VivoPC Windows 8-Powered Home Theater PC Now Available
- 2013-11-19: Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- 2013-10-10: Google Looks To Android TV Instead Of Google TV
- 2013-08-14: Samsung Accused Of Violating Labor Rights Of Employees In Brazil