AOL has launched a new search engine that will offer suggestions and sort results with criteria like geographic location and subject/topic.
AOL has been consistently losing (who said bleeding) customers for the last couple of years, is trying to boost its revenues. It is only logical that AOL try to capitalize on the current online advertising boom.
The acquisition of Advertising.com by AOL in June 2004 is part of the company’s global plan to increase advertising revenues. It’s a good idea but I would recommend them to get better at retaining their customers as well. If you’re not using AOL, why would you search on AOL? I think that they have little chance of getting Google users with the new set of features.
Next Story: Siemens Gigaset S35 Wifi Phone, M75 rugged phone
- 2014-04-20: Samsung.com Down Because Of Samsung Building Fire
- 2014-04-20: Boat In Apple Maps Thought To Be Nessie At First
- 2014-04-20: Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17: Eyefi Cloud Introduced
- 2014-04-17: Michaels Arts And Crafts Retailer Confirms Customer Data Security Breach