|It supports Windows Media Video 9 and Windows Media Video High Definition. Co-Published with gadgetryblog|
Buffalo Technology is first to market with a DVD player that supports 802.11g Wi-Fi networking (also supports an external 2.4GHz antenna for increased range). The major benefit of the LinkTheater progressive scan DVD player is that it enables multiple users to wirelessly access DVD-Movies and regular files stored on disc – on their TV, computer or laptop. Based on a EM8620L decoder chipset from Sigma Designs, the chipset is the first of its kind to support Windows Media Video 9 and Windows Media Video High Definition formats. As a result, the LinkTheater supports resolutions up to 1280×720 pixels and offers DVD up-conversion to 720p/1080i.
Next Story: Apple Computers soon to face Pear Computers?
- Flixster App Launched On Xbox 360 With Support For UltraViolet Videos
- Logitech Unveils Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control Universal Remote Controls
- Panasonic Will Continue To Produce Plasma TVs
- Netflix Reaches 4 Billion Hours Of Streaming Video Milestone In Q1 2013
- LG webOS-Powered TVs Expected In Early 2014