Macromedia is launching Studio 8 on sept 12 in the US and sept 27 in France. Ubergizmo asked if there will be a Linux version for Dreamweaver and the Macromedia representative told us that he couldn’t answer the question for the moment… We think that there will be one.
Studio 8 innovations highlights :
(Studio 8 includes Flash, Dreamweaver, Contribute, Fireworks)
Now video compression is in VP6 (by company ON2) instead of standard Sorensson Spark, this is brilliant, the rendering is a way more fluid (exit the big compression blocks in the image) and the file is lighter. Another impressive new feature is the alpha channel, it allows the blending of 2 videos, the demo was amazing!
The big thing : the bitmap cache, the vectors are converted into bitmap which save a lot of processing resources on the client side (user) while a flash movie is played online.
Some neat new features in the famous html editor :
- you can zoom in the html page (like the Firefox extension Eyedroper).
- integration tool to include RSS in the pages
- support PHP 5 with a code guide
- the most expected for a long time : dissociation of the FTP engine from the software, now we can do something else than drinking coffee while uploading the pages on the server
Thanks to our reporter in Paris
Next Story: Rumor: Is this the Nokia N80?
- 2014-01-21: Healthcare.gov Hacker Accessed 70,000 Records In Under Four Minutes
- 2013-11-14: Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- 2013-01-10: HoverCam Document Scanner Updated At CES
- 2013-01-10: Skype Updates Windows Client To Integrate With Microsoft Outlook
- 2013-01-03: Asus Teams Up With Leap Motion