The new G5 can have up to two processors, each with a dual-core. That’s a 4 CPU monster that will sell for $3299.
Don’t expect the machine to be four times as fast, however. For most users, a multi-core CPU will make the system more responsive and a small number of applications faster. Multi-Processors is bottle necked by the inability of software to take advantage of it, and believe me it’s a problem that has not been solved at all. With AMD expected to release a Quad-core CPU by next year, software maker should better work on this…
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- OS X 10.9.1 Seeded Out To AppleCare Staff; Public Release Imminent
- Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- OS X Mavericks' Overall Market Share Continues To Grow