It is interesting to note that Europe seems to be getting the bulk of GPS navigation systems that contain data with regard to the locations of the many speed cameras, danger zones, and accident hotspots that dot the continent. Are European drivers just prone to speeding, or is it the thoughtfulness of the respective governments to introduce such devices that aim to lower the overall accident rate on their roads? Whatever the case is, this £350 PogoDrive from Pogo GPS contains over 100,000 co-ordinates of speed cameras, danger zones, average speed cameras, and accident hotspots for the discerning U.K. driver. In addition, you also get detailed street-level mapping of major European roads courtesy of Navteq. More features on the navigation software are available after the jump.
• Clear turn-by-turn voice guidance
• Full postcode search
• 2D or 3D map views
• On-screen trip info – ETA, distance to destination etc.
• Auto re-calculation of route
• Day and Night operation modes
• Points-of-interest including hotels, petrol stations etc.
• Route optimization preferences eg. quickest/shortest/fast car/slow car/pedestrian etc.
• Favorite destinations memory
• Memory of recent destinations
Next Story: Philips Digital Pocket Memo 9600