Who could’ve known this day would come – Blue Sky Positioning has successfully integrated GPS reading capabilities into a SIM card. This is made possible by using the phone itself as an antenna, and most of the processing is done off the SIM as the system is A-GPS. Hopefully as more research and development is poured into this new breed of SIM cards, we will see more and more GPS-enabled handsets in the near future. Unfortunately, I have a gut feeling that these GPS-capable cellphones won’t be making their way to the U.S. anytime soon just like all other souped up cellphones we drool over.
Next Story: Electric Bath Duck for the morbid
- 2014-04-14: Lechal Smart Shoes Update
- 2014-04-08: Toyota Sports Drive Logger Replays Circuit Runs At Home
- 2014-04-02: TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Sport Watch Announced
- 2014-03-27: Magellan SmartGPS 5390 Announced
- 2014-03-06: HereO Watch Helps Parents Keep Tabs On Their Kids