Japanese will be able to enjoy the Eye Judgement trading card game for the PS3 later this fall, thanks to the newly introduced Eyetoy camera for Sony’s console. The game requires you to show your card to the camera, and the Eyetoy will use that image to match it with a database of cards, showing the indicated Monster/Magician on the TV. I personally think this makes the entire playing experience much more convoluted, and it wouldn’t take too much to make replicas of these cards via a scanned copy and pass it off as an original to the Eyetoy. Imagine playing Blackjack or other card games using the Eyetoy – it is like doing double the job while killing off any fun you can derive from the game. Either stick to an card based format or use a full digital deck, but don’t mix them both.
Next Story: BenQ unveils new W10000 projector
- 2014-04-22: NVIDIA Shield 2 Might Feature Tegra K1 With 4GB RAM
- 2014-04-22: Walking Dead: Game Of The Year Edition Listed On GameStop
- 2014-04-22: Microsoft Organizes Party To Celebrate E.T. Videogame Dig
- 2014-04-22: Uncharted 4 Rumored For E3 2014 Reveal
- 2014-04-22: New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed