Where 2.0 – I just stopped by the Where booth at Where 2.0 conference and they have a very cool service. Launched in mid-march, it currently works on 18 GPS enabled Sprint mobile phones. It gives access to location-based widgets, like Yahoo weather, Burger King or Eventful. Now with this services the user can know immediately about the weather, where is the closest Burger King or the next music event in the area.
You just need to drag and drop the widget you want from the pc browser on the represented phone in where.com website (photo) and it appears automatically on your mobile phone, very cool!
You can create a customized widget, for example type “sushi” on the where.com desktop website, it creates a “mysushi” widget, when you add it to your mobile phone it indicates right away the closest sushi restaurant in the area you are located in at the moment.
For more details, check out their flash demo.
Next Story: Sailplane for boring days at the office
- 2014-04-02: Shoptagr: Tag Now and Shop Later for Less
- 2013-08-08: Civilization Online Revealed
- 2013-08-07: Apple Granted Appeal That Reinstates ITC Case Against Motorola
- 2013-08-06: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Always-On Voice Recognition
- 2013-08-06: LG G2 Release Expected On Launch Day