Solar powered WiFi is definitely an idea worth visiting, and Meraki is offering the outdoor WiFi repeater that is meant to work with their own indoor repeater, broadcasting a signal up to 700 feet away, although to be on the safe side you had better remain within a 350 foot radius. This solar powered device was specially designed to withstand the harsh treatment received outside, and comes complete with a special “outdoor” Ethernet cable. While the outdoor WiFi repeater retails for $100 by itself, you can choose to throw in a solar panel and battery pack into the fray to lower your power bill at the end of the month. The entire kit will begin shipping this summer in time to greet the generous amount of sunlight found then.
Next Story: Oticon Epoq is one speed demon
- 2014-04-13: Insurance Companies Could Subsidize iWatch, According To Analyst
- 2014-04-13: Aereo Chromecast Support Coming May 29th
- 2014-04-13: Fire TV Sells Out Due To High Demand, Unit Sales Figures Not Disclosed
- 2014-04-11: Disabled Sea Turtle Gets Artificial Fin To Move Around
- 2014-04-11: Have Body Heat, Will Charge Phone