The Beacon is a device developed under the Tancher Electronics Social Safety Initiative (TESSI), aiming to help governments and industries to make life saving devices more accessible to the masses. The Beacon emits a distress signal to aid rescue workers in locating the wearer quickly, which greatly increases the chances of survival. Not only that, the device doubles up as a USB flash drive, making it useful even when you’re not trapped underneath some caved in rubble. It would be nice to see some other functions thrown in such as a watch and a mini flashlight, but I suppose power is of the utmost importance during an emergency, so throwing those battery-sapping functions are not exactly a brilliant idea.
Next Story: BoomBucket Music System for iPod
- 2014-04-24 Mark Zuckerberg Tried Out Sony's Project Morpheus Before Acquiring Oculus VR
- 2014-04-24 Jumpr Juices Your Phone, Jumpstarts Your Car
- 2014-04-24 Leica T Built From Solid Aluminum Block
- 2014-04-24 Hulu Plus Delivers Remote Control Experience
- 2014-04-24 Google Glass Briefly Went On Sale For Everyone