It has been reported that e-Book maker iRex has raised 6 million Euros in funding to help it make a breakthrough in the consumer market. Sony is the current leader in that space, if I remember correctly.
It’s not clear what iRex will do with the money, but I think that E-books are far from ready for mass adoption.
First, E-ink needs to be in color and the device itself has to be thinner. The battery life on the newest color e-Ink is very promising so we should be fine there. Secondly there needs to be more content, and that’s a hard sale for publishers as long as they don’t know how to produce, monetize and distribute their content. Unfortunately, that’s an “industry problem” that iRex is not likely to solve.RELATED
- U.S. DoJ Signs Off On Microsoft's Acquisition Of Nokia's Devices And Services Division
- BlackBerry CEO Gives Enterprise Customers Some Assurances In Latest Open Letter
- Smart Content Center: A Government-Supported Incubator In Korea
- Interlocking Ring Set Shows That You Both Truly Belong Together
- Dutch Authorities Finds That Google Violated Its Data Protection Act
- Follow: Thoughts,