A new study from Gartner found that only 5% of Europeans are interested in Mobile TV because one would end-up with a bulky phone, or a tiny display, both of which aren’t that appealing. I’m sure that some of you will scream “iPhone”, and yes, may be a better phone design could help solve the problem but it’s just not there.
However, just as I said in 2005, the lack of interest is bigger than that. For many, there aren’t a lot of opportunities to watch TV on the go. At least, not enough to justify paying a monthly fee. So here’s my message for telcos: “let phone manufacturers innovate, stop being control freaks and make a mobile TV pricing that makes sense (hint: super cheap). Oh, and don’t be afraid of using the word Broadcasting”
Next Story: Mio launches the C320 GPS
- 2012-06-14: Will the $85 price of Windows 8 RT Doom Windows 8 tablets? Probably Not.
- 2012-05-29: iPhone may be assembled in the U.S, "one day"
- 2012-05-27: Facebook hiring to build a smartphone? [again]
- 2012-04-24: HTC Business: It Will Get Worse Before It Gets Better
- 2012-04-19: iPad Or Your Wife? Disturbing Results from the Survey