Atheros Communications has just released the Atheros ROCm AR6002 family that brings low-power for mobile WLAN solutions, drawing near-zero standby power that has a nominal impact on battery life even when it is active – issues that are close to heart where WiFi-enabled mobile products are concerned. Tests have shown that the Atheros AR6002 utilizes up to 70% less power than other competitive solutions in hte market while downloading content in active mode, resulting in superior battery life that can be translated to an even larger amount of downloads as well as longer talktime between charges. The AR6002 chip has shown to take more than 100 hours to run a standard 3.7V, 800mAh phone battery dry in continual VoIP mode. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to see this new Atheros AR6002 solution in devices anytime soon as they will only enter volume production in Q1 2008.
Next Story: New defensive vehicle test successful
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- NSA Collects Millions Of Email Addresses, Buddy Lists Globally
- FAA Advisory Panel Approves The Use Of Personal Electronics On Planes
- Samsung Accused Of Violating Labor Rights Of Employees In Brazil
- Samsung Livestreaming Its Galaxy, ATIV June 20th Event