What do you think will be the hottest news in the techno-sphere next year? Some people would probably advocate AirCell, air-to-ground technology that will pioneer the launch of inflight broadband connectivity on commercial airlines. This will definitely be a boon to businessfolks as well as those who have a penchant for checking their email every five minutes. Productivity levels will soar to new heights (both literally and figuratively) as work gets done in the air, leaving executives even more exhausted when they touch down at their destination. Major US airlines like American Airlines and Virgin America will be outfitted with AirCell’s lightweight antennas to enable the BlackBerry Brigade and Laptop Lieutenants to work themselves to death no matter where they are. There is no word on the pricing structure yet though, but it shouldn’t be cheap to begin with.
Next Story: Lightening Strike Protection System
- 2011-01-04 BMW, Tesla Select NVIDIA GPUs
- 2009-05-20 Virgin America Offers Wi-Fi On All Flights
- 2010-02-12 Volvo XC70 get Internet connected Rear Seat Entertainment System
- 2010-05-17 Ford Fiesta ready to tweet its way on the road
- 2010-10-29 Tube receives first Wi-Fi connection