Students from Blakewater College in Blackburn, England have managed to come up with blinds that not only prevent sunlight from seeping into the room, it also helps keep the earth green by absorbing sunlight and converting it into energy. The environmental impact of such an invention would be tremendous assuming it takes off on a large scale – buildings will be able to collect solar energy every single day, storing power for use at night. Hopefully some manufacturer will sit up and take notice of the potentially huge market where solar-powered products are concerned. Guess these solar-powered blinds would go down extremely well with Solar Energy curtains.
Next Story: USB OptiWind Mouse
- 2014-04-14: Kyocera Installs Solar Cycle Station For Electric Vehicles In Japan
- 2014-04-09: Solar Impulse 2 Wants To Circle The World On Solar Power Alone
- 2014-04-08: Nokia Solar Energy Suit Could Offer Alternative Phone Charging Option
- 2014-04-02: Ecoppia E4 Robots Clean Solar Panels Without Using Water
- 2014-03-17: Solar Power Harvested From Space Beamed Down To Earth