Asus really hit the paydirt big time with their Eee PC that has drawn a whole lot of attention (and sales) thus far, and the company knows it shouldn’t reinvent the wheel, hence news of an 8GB Asus Eee PC. It will retail for $499, boasting 8GB of flash storage and 1GB of RAM. Shipping commences from mid- to late December, so this might still make it in time as a Christmas gift. You will still get the same 7″ display though. Would you actually pony up that kind of cash for the 8GB model, or will you prefer to void your warranty by throwing in the extra RAM yourself? Surely the advantage of extra USB ports is less welcome than the presence of extra processing power, but perhaps we might see that in the next iteration of the Eee PC.
Next Story: F2218 camera phone from China
- 2014-04-14: Voxeet 2.0 with Dial-in Support and Voxeet for Mac - Review
- 2014-04-14: ACME Portable Workstation Has Ultra HD 4K Display
- 2014-04-14: NSA Denies Knowledge Of Heartbleed Vulnerability
- 2014-04-13: Intel Education Rugged Tablet Targets Students
- 2014-04-13: IRS Reportedly Paying Microsoft Millions For Extended Windows XP Support