Australia will play host to the first solar-powered electric bus in the world, with Tindo leading the charge in Adelaide, Australia. 100% powered by solar energy thanks to a BP Solar-sourced photovoltaic station, this green ride can ferry up to 42 passengers at once – without forking out a single cent. According to the Adelaide City Council, “The solar electric bus and the recharging system at the Adelaide Central Bus Station represent a significant investment by the Adelaide City Council into a sustainable future for the City of Adelaide, while providing leadership in sustainable public transport options for cities around Australia.” When will we see such buses roaming the streets of US?
Next Story: Gunmetal MacBook spotted in Cupertino
- 2014-04-14 Kyocera Installs Solar Cycle Station For Electric Vehicles In Japan
- 2014-04-09 Solar Impulse 2 Wants To Circle The World On Solar Power Alone
- 2014-04-08 Nokia Solar Energy Suit Could Offer Alternative Phone Charging Option
- 2014-04-02 Ecoppia E4 Robots Clean Solar Panels Without Using Water
- 2014-03-17 Solar Power Harvested From Space Beamed Down To Earth