Since sleeping is a biological need and not willpower, getting enough rest before a long road trip is imperative. Mercedes-Benz however aims to reduce driver error in as many ways possible with its new warning system that is capable of recognizing tiredness-related changes in personal driving style, warning the driver when it is time to stop for a breather. This new system will be included in vehicles coming out in 2009, where the Attention Assist system (as it is called) will constantly monitor typical driving patterns in order to establish an indivitual profile. I wonder how many profiles will it be able to store since a car is not driven by one person all the time in most cases. Hopefully this system doesn’t give the excuse for ordinary folks to skip on their sleep the night before.
Next Story: Go Nuut-ty with e-books
- 2013-12-16: Piv-O Convertible Stroller Can Provide Years Of Transportation For Your Child
- 2013-12-03: Copenhagen Wheel Assists Cyclists Through Its Rechargeable Battery
- 2013-10-31: FAA Approves The Use Of Personal Electronics During Entire Flights
- 2013-10-02: Fujitsu Sleepiness Detection Sensor
- 2013-10-01: Pioneer ND-HUD10 Augmented Reality Heads Up Display