Online banking and shopping we have heard off, but quitting smoking online? Taiwan’s Bureau of Health Promotion has brought its anti-smoking support network online, offering support and help for smokers in need of advice in the form of e-mail as well as Skype conversations. There will be an anti-smoking chatroom as well as forums for smokers to pick up tips from their brethren who have kicked the habit. The convenience, anonymity and flexibility of such a communication method aims to cater to those who are too shy to pick up a telephone. I suppose this is a double-edged sword, since the anonymity such a vehicle affords you would also mean less accountability, making it harder to quit such a habit.
Next Story: LG PC12 radio of the future
- 'Destroy Obamacare' Hacking Tool Discovered To Target Healthcare.gov
- Man Implants Large Biometric Computer Chip Into His Forearm
- Motorola Considers Pills, Tattoos To Allow You To Become A Walking Password
- Kinect e-mail hack allows stroke victim to communicate electronically
- Facebook reunites lost friends for kidney transplant after Facebook post