Financial analysts have zeroed-in on the idea that the second generation iPhone is in its “final stage”, thanks to information provided by components suppliers (the best source of leaks). According to them, the second iPhone will more or less look the same, but will have a 3G connection (at last!) – no surprise, here.
This new iPhone should be released in the second half of next year, which is like what we previously speculated about, when we said in October that the iPhone 2 would not be launched in January 2008 at MacWorld (read: “Rumor: iPhone 2 for MacWorld 2008?”).
The analysts also believe that a first generation 16GB iPhone would appear in the first half of 2008.
Next Story: USB Wireless Missile Launcher
- 2009-06-07: Photos of the iPhone Gen 3?
- 2009-08-10: 8GB iPhone 3GS spotted on Rogers Wireless, then removed
- 2010-02-02: iPhone 4G a possibility
- 2010-05-13: iPhone 4G in Vietnam seems to run on iPhone OS 4?
- 2010-06-01: Rumor: iPhone 4G chassis captured on video