Apple applying for a patent that would protect a “dynamic keyboard” design. From fig 1B, it looks like each key will be made of an OLED display, and that the display can show any image, displaying letters or icons or anything else.
This sounds awfully familiar with the old and not yet available Optimus OLED keyboard ($470) from Art Lebedev. And by the way that company has an Optimus Tactus concept for a full-display keyboard that would be 100% configurable. The questions are: can Apple make it cheaper? Will it have Windows drivers ?RELATED
- iPhone 3GS won't be upgraded to iOS 5.x, says Eldar Murtazin
- Microsoft launches anti-Apple campaign, doesn't get it
- iPhone tracking bug fix coming, says Apple
- Study: Mac People Like To Throw Parties, Be Perceived as Unique
- Your Apple device knows where you've been, and keeps a log
- Seen at: appleinsider