I just finished updating my Samsung Blackjack (read review) to Windows Mobile 6 (WM6) and it works just fine. The update instructions are very clear, if you read them. If you have questions, drop them in the comments and I’ll try to reply ASAP.
Now, I need to setup my Exchange Server information. In theory, you can backup all your settings, and restore them after the update. I wonder this phone will have a Windows Mobile 7 update… take a look at WM7 at MobilityToday.
Update 1/29: There is definitely an issue with sending Multimedia Messages. I get an “Error. Unable to connect…” message. Looking at the settings, everything seems properly configured. This is how it is configured for the Blackjack II. I’ll try to dig more into it.
Next Story: Pentax K200D 10.2 Megapixel DSLR
- 2011-06-01: Qualcomm Keynote @ Uplinq 2011
- 2011-05-31: T-Mobile Will Ride HSPA+ to 672Mbps. Possibly Beyond
- 2011-05-25: Sony Ericsson revamps strategy, will release new models but stop software support, says Eldar Murtazin
- 2011-05-24: iPhone 3GS won't be upgraded to iOS 5.x, says Eldar Murtazin
- 2011-05-10: Google I/O 2011 wrap-up