We all know how prone the elderly are when it comes to accidental falls, and sometimes us kids worry as our aged parents are left all alone at home. Researchers at the University of Missouri claim that they have developed a ‘smart carpet’ capable of electronically monitoring a senior’s location and sending out an alert in case of a fall. This new sensor can be printed on thin, flexible sheets using inexpensive organic ink, so cheapskates have no more excuse of not getting this for their parents. It is said that a commercial version could roll out in a couple of years’ down the road. This is definitely better than other solutions on the market since the individual in question does not have to be conscious to summon any help.
Next Story: Moldable Mouse Design Concept
- 2014-01-05 Kolibree Connected Electric ToothBrush
- 2013-11-14 This Adjustable Toilet Seat Can Keep Any Size Butt Comfortable
- 2013-09-20 Toro's Bedside Flushable Toilet Is Able To Travel Right To You
- 2013-07-03 Hand Tree Air Purifier Concept Uses Wearable Tech To Offer Clean Air
- 2009-05-04 Alkeo Kills Off Germs