Now how about this concept of a cell phone that comes with a detachable display? That’s what Sony Ericsson has thought up in their clamshell idea, described in a patent application as “Detachable Housings for a Wireless Communication Device “. You get a couple of detachable connected housings, where one of them holds the user interface devices for data input and control while the other carries a display with several user input buttons and the relevant phone circuitry, application processor, memory, and battery. When detached, they can “talk” with one another thanks to Bluetooth connectivity, and the housings were specially designed to be joined in different orientations. Sounds pretty much like the perfect handset for folks who like to customize the features within. Do you think the world is ready to accept such an idea?
Next Story: MacBook In Its Element
- 2014-04-21 Flippypad Concept Shows How Project Ara As A Handheld Gaming Console
- 2014-04-18 Additional iPhone 6 Concept Renders Surface
- 2014-04-08 More iPhone 6 Concept Renders Based On Leaked Schematics
- 2014-03-31 iPhone 6 Concept Based On Alleged Leaked Schematics
- 2014-03-10 iPhone Air Concept Video Surfaces