The UK government is discussing the introduction of computer chips implanted under the skin of offenders in order to reduce prison overcrowding, They plan to monitor convicts’ whereabouts using these chips and satellite technology. Liberty, a civil right group, has criticized the project, arguing that it would degrade prisoners and hinder their rehabilitation.
In my opinion, jail time is more degrading than being at home and monitored using this kind of technology.
Next Story: Chinese iPhone Talks Break-Off
- 2014-04-14: Lechal Smart Shoes Update
- 2014-04-08: Toyota Sports Drive Logger Replays Circuit Runs At Home
- 2014-04-02: TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Sport Watch Announced
- 2014-03-27: Magellan SmartGPS 5390 Announced
- 2014-03-06: HereO Watch Helps Parents Keep Tabs On Their Kids