HTC has rolled out a ROM upgrade for its Tilt from AT&T. The upgrade version 1.62.502.0 claims to “improve overall device performance and stability, enables dual-tone multi-frequency (DTMF) tones for the slide-out QWERTY keyboard, and includes Microsoft’s Adaptation Kit Update (AKU) 0.4.4″. It takes around 10 minutes to complete the ROM’s installation. Once done, there are a few steps to follow.
- Connecting the phone via USB sync cable to a PC whose standby and hibernation modes have been disabled
- Ensuring that the device has a battery level of at least 50 percent, so it will not die during the upgrade process
- Backing up all data from the device using Activesync/Windows Mobile Device Center or the built in Sprite Backup utility prior to upgrading
- Running the ROM upgrade utility using the desktop PC
- Restoring data to the phone after it has been reset