You might have seen the claim by Buffalo that it’s “Turbo USB” could provide a performance boost that could be as high as 37%, we tested one of their unit and the verdict is: Turbo USB is faster.
In our case, Turbo USB was about 20% faster than (normal) USB. Although Buffalo doesn’t provide the details on how it works, there is a driver to install, so we think that the driver sends the data to the drive in “Burst Mode”, a more optimum way of packing the data before sending is across the bus.
Next Story: Lego PC Mod Looks Sweet
- 2014-04-03: Captain America Saves Your Data, Too
- 2014-04-02: USB Type-C Cable Render Spotted
- 2014-03-28: The iMacompanion Adds A USB Port To The Front Of iMacs
- 2014-03-13: dataSTICKIES Concept USB Flash Drive
- 2014-03-10: Aleratec Cruiser Mini Portable Makes Short Work Of USB Flash Drive Duplication
- 2012-05-01: Verbatim introduces its new Store 'n' Go V3 USB 3.0 flash drives
- 2012-04-25: Bulavkus USB flash drive is a prick in a good way
- 2008-06-22: SimpleTech Signature Mini Drive Review