Joiku from Finland has made available hotspot capabilities on the S60 platform – something Windows Mobile users have had for some time now. Known as JoikuSpot Light, this application will turn your S60-powered handset into a portable HSDPA-backed Wifi hotspot. It is currently in the public beta phase, and so far no major problems have been unearthed. Limitations include the lack of an encrypted access point, letting all and sundry to hook up to your hotspot. Hopefully future iterations will see WEP/WPA support. Unless you have an unlimited data plan, I’d suggest giving this a miss. The best part of this news is, JoikuSpot Light is free, so all you Scrooges out there can rejoice. It currently supports WiFi-enabled Nokia handsets only (N95, N93i, N91, N02, N80, E90, E70, E61i, E61 and E51).
Next Story: O2 Launches XDA Orbit 2
- 2014-04-09: Mailbox For Android And Mac (Beta) Launched
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Adjusting To New Reality: Free Windows And More
- 2014-04-03: Official Windows 8.1 And Windows Phone 8.1 Walkthrough Videos Released
- 2014-03-20: Junaio Augmented Reality Browser Revealed