This is certainly an interesting PC design concept – the Momenta. It was one of the finalists in Microsoft’s Next-Gen PC Design Competition, and is worn around the neck so that it will be able to actively record everything in a rolling buffer. Curiously enough, it also boasts sensors that read your pulse, whereby chancing upon an increased heart rate, it will TiVo the last five minutes for you to review whatever the cause is for that increased pulse rate. I guess folks who surf NSFW sites at the office will exhaust the built-in memory rather quickly. I also wonder what kind of processor will be used, and the cooling system must be pretty efficient considering how fast today’s processors heat up. I certainly won’t want to wear the equivalent of a warm towel around my neck the whole day long.
Next Story: Infrared Light Against Surveillance Cameras
- 2014-03-05: SurroundWeb 3D Browser Concept From Microsoft Research
- 2013-12-13: Windows 8.2 Concept Sees Modern UI On The Desktop
- 2013-07-23: Fujitsu Lifebook AH78 Concept Purifies Air Around You
- 2012-10-03: Fujitsu Gaze Detection Technology lets you stare and use the PC
- 2012-09-05: Upgradeable tablet concept lets you replace CPU at your whim and fancy