Patick Collison coded an offline Wikipedia app for the iPhone over his Christmas break because he likes “the warm fuzzy feeling of having the sum of all human knowledge in his pocket”. For the same reason that we do not own an iPhone yet, he wanted to prevent online Wikipedia users to go nuts over the slow EDGE connection.
The app takes 2.2 GB and I am not sure if iPhone users would like to spare the storage space for it. If you do, watch Patrick’s tutorial video on YouTube about the installation.RELATED
- iPhone 3GS won't be upgraded to iOS 5.x, says Eldar Murtazin
- Microsoft launches anti-Apple campaign, doesn't get it
- iPhone tracking bug fix coming, says Apple
- Study: Mac People Like To Throw Parties, Be Perceived as Unique
- Your Apple device knows where you've been, and keeps a log
- Seen at: blog.wired