Ground troops will be pleased to know that the Army’s soldier suit of the future known as the Land Warrior has been given a new lease of life, after the 4/9th Infantry stripped it down and modified it accordingly, making all the modded equipment indispensable in combat. The whole 16-pound ensemble was trimmed down to just 10, while the digital gun scope was abandoned due to its impropriety for urban fights. The need to improvise could see the Army revive the program by opening up their coffers, although doing so is extremely difficult after plopping down half a billion dollars in research over the years. Ah, to revisit an old flame always conjures up unexpected emotions. Still, what value does one place on a human life?
Next Story: Water-free Urinals in Japan
- 2014-04-18: Hybrid Motorcycles To Serve The Army Soon
- 2014-04-15: US Military To Work On Stealth Dirt Bike
- 2014-04-13: U.S. Navy Turns Seawater Into Fuel For Its Vessels
- 2014-04-10: DARPA Gives Drones Second Life By Turning Them Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- 2014-04-09: Google Glass Being Tested By The US Air Force