The Everglide Bicycle Concept is certainly an eye-opener after it picked up third place at the recently concluded International Bicycle Design Competition (IBDC). This innovative, multi-purpose design sports a bicycle with a backpack. This is made possible by folding it down to its rear carry-case, allowing it to be wheeled, backpacked or cycled, depending on the situation. This integrated solution also enables one to satisfy a variety of needs for short-distance cyclists, making it convenient to carry aboard other forms of public transport such as cabs, trains and buses. It features a shaft-drive mechanism which is light-weight and compact, providing a clean smart drive solution while allowing handheld devices such as phones and iPods to be plugged in and regeneratively charged via frictionless magnetic dynamo technology. Can’t wait for the day such a design is realized.
Next Story: FusionHDTV7 Dual Express
- 2012-10-02: Toyota Smart INSECT is aptly named
- 2012-06-14: BMW i Pedelec or Pedal Electric Cycle Concept
- 2012-03-07: Toyota unveils FT-BH hybrid concept vehicle
- 2012-03-01: Hyundai i-oniq concept coupe unveiled ahead of Geneva Motor Show
- 2012-02-08: Solar Powered Car concept looks amazing