Nikon has just released a firmware upgrade for the D3, and here are a few of them improvements.
- Images captured with “Rotate tall”, in the playback menu, set to “On”, are not automatically rotated for display immediately after capture (image review)
- The “Choose image area” option has been separated into two options, “Choose image area (FX / DX / 5:4)” and “Choose image area (FX / DX)”
- A new “Shooting menu bank” option has been added
- “Recent settings” can now be displayed in place of “My Menu”
- The virtual horizon can now be displayed with shooting in LiveView mode
- The “Vignette control” setting can now be confimed in shooting information
- The “Vignette control” item in the shooting menu now supports all types of G- and D-type lenses, except DX and PC lenses
- Autofocus performance has been improved
- Auto White Balance performance has been improved
- An issue that, in some rare circumstances, caused the battery indicator to blink, regardless of actual battery charge, has been resolved
- Errors in the German help displays have been corrected
This is not a comprehensive list, you’ll need to check out the source article for the whole skinny.