There’s a tutorial about tethering the iPhone 3G to a laptop. Before you start to implement it, remember that this might be against your use license agreement with AT&T, which could add charges, cancel your account and potentially do many more painful things in retaliation – or they may do nothing at all, we just don’t know. Here’s the overview on how to proceed:
- Jailbreak your iPhone 3G
- Install 3Proxy and Terminal
- Create an ad-hoc Wi-fi network using your laptop
- Join the network with your iPhone
- Find the iPhone’s IP address
- Open Terminal and run the proxy program
- Open Safari on your iPhone and open a web page
- Configure your browser to use the proxy
Visit cre.ations.net to get the full step-by-step instructions. and of course, test the speeds on DSLreport for mobiles and let us know how fast it is!
This article was filed in .