If you thought the browser wars weren’t intensive enough, you’ll be happy to hear that Google has (accidentally) announced their upcoming Google Chrome web browser, based on Webkit. The announcement actually came about due to an accidental leak of a comic regarding the browser, which is now making its rounds on the Internet. It should be released by Wednesday, if the rumors are to be believed, and will be available on Windows only, while Mac and Linux versions will be available later.
Some of the more interesting points of the Chrome browser include:
- A new UI that places the tabs above the address bar, instead of the traditional way
- Incognito mode, which will allow you to browse the web in complete privacy, without recording any of your activity.
- They’ve even put up a web comic to provide users with additional information regarding Chrome.
Next Story: HP Mini-note 2133 Review
- 2011-06-14 Toshiba Qosmio X770 with 3D
- 2011-06-13 HP New Notebooks Lineup with AMD
- 2011-05-17 Parents can control child's Facebook page with new bill
- 2011-05-14 Chromebook Preview
- 2011-05-12 Google Chromebooks might not be so secure after all?