TDK is first off the blocks to make available 6x Blu-ray recordable (BD-R) and Blu-ray recordable double layer (BD-R DL) media in the US. I suppose this piece of news will only interest you if you have tons of video as well as photos to archive from the perspective of a home user, while those working for enterprises might see this as a golden opportunity to speed up the current backup process. Using the TDK Life on Record 6x Blu-ray discs, one is able to write 25GB of data within 17 minutes or so, which shaves off around six minutes compared to the 4x BD-R that are currently being used by most people. Of course, this would mean getting a Blu-ray burner that can burn at such speeds. The TDK Life on Record Blu-ray 6x media will come in 25GB and 50GB flavors from October onwards, retailing for $13.99 and $32.99 per pack, respectively.
Next Story: CompuLab Fit-PC Slim
- 2014-04-03 LENMAR Announces ChugPlug
- 2014-03-18 Microsoft's New Wireless Mobile Mouse All About Design At Low Price
- 2014-03-10 Aleratec Cruiser Mini Portable Makes Short Work Of USB Flash Drive Duplication
- 2013-12-13 Chromecast Now Able To Stream Web-Based Google Play Content
- 2013-12-04 ASUS VivoPC Windows 8-Powered Home Theater PC Now Available