Those looking forward to the Jasper-powered Xbox 360 consoles will be ecstatic to note that these have been confirmed to be circulating, but on the downside you won’t be able to tell the difference between a Jasper and a Falcon system without opening up the box. Some of the much needed improvements brought by the Jasper unit include graphics, power supply and internal flash memory, experiencing a shrinkage from 90nm to 65nm in the graphics department which results in less heat and the need for less powerful fans within. This translates to a much quieter system with lower power consumption. The new revision is also tipped to feature 256MB of flash memory – a whole lot more compared to the original 16MB, presumably to accommodate the new Xbox Experience. So far, Anandtech has confirmed that lot number 0842 from team FDOU or CSON and lot number 0843 from team FDOU feature Jasper units, although there are claims of confirmed Falcon units within these lots as well. At least the odds of picking one up is better than winning the lottery.
Next Story: Unlocking the iPhone 2.2, Vietnamese-Style
- 2011-05-26: Sony PlayStation 4 confirmed, is in the works
- 2011-05-20: Video Game Urinal that actually flushes
- 2011-05-20: F-Secure: Sony hacked again
- 2011-05-18: Sony PlayStation Network hacked - not
- 2011-05-05: HR3D from MIT: A Better 3D Screen Than the Nintendo 3DS, But...