Blaupunkt and miRoamer have teamed up to offer the first Internet car radio in the world, delivering thousands upon thousands of Internet radio stations to keep you entertained if you plan to take a cross country trip. In addition to listening to DJs across the States, you can also fall back on your personal playlist with a standard AM/FM/CD dash console just in case the chitter chatter of DJs get under your skin. The entire gamut of preferences, providers and searches can be customized on miRoamer’s site. This thing doesn’t rely on pixie dust to work, but instead uses 3G GSM thanks to its plug-and-play SIM. There is no word on this arriving Stateside, and neither is there any information where pricing is concerned, but we’re sure it will be a hit when available. Do bear in mind that this device will only work in areas where GSM/3G coverage is available, which gives XM an upper hand in this aspect. However, an in-car 3G connection will definitely be useful and ought not to be “wasted” on just radio.
Next Story: Pentax Optio P70: 12 Megapixel Compact
- 2014-01-17: Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-10: Dive Is The $89 Alternative To The Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-10: The Matias SecurePro Keyboard Comes With 128-bit AES Encryption
- 2014-01-10: Bens Electric cPot Cloud Intelligent Cooking Appliance
- 2014-01-09: WiTricity Charges iPhone Sans Wires