Getting tired and impatient with Apple for failing to release a tablet version of the MacBook Pro? Necessity is the mother of all invention, so they say, but surely a tablet MacBook Pro would not fall under that category? Apparently we’re wrong, as then there wouldn’t be the ModBook Pro. This new, modified device is based on the recently released unibody MacBook Pro that has been reengineered to offer pen and touch input, relying on Axiotron’s Quicktouch interface to give the user total control over Mac OS X. Apart from this sweet addition, everything else found in the standard MacBook Pro is also available in the ModBook Pro, ranging from the Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz processor, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT graphics, FireWire 800 and Mini DisplayPort among others. You’ll need to dig deep to bring this puppy home though – all pre-orders costs $5,000 and above. Then again, how much do you think Apple will charge for something like this?
Next Story: Datto Box2Box P2P Offsite Backup Device
- 2011-05-05: Microsoft launches anti-Apple campaign, doesn't get it
- 2011-04-25: Study: Mac People Like To Throw Parties, Be Perceived as Unique
- 2011-04-18: Macbook Air gets a 25% boost with new SSD
- 2011-04-14: Android surpasses iOS globally, might eventually surpass PC
- 2011-04-02: Apple patents charger with integrated battery