Word on the street has it that Palm Pre (see our live coverage) will retail for over $200 when available from Sprint, as a Russian blogger touts that the unlocked Palm Pre (GSM, of course) in Europe will go anywhere from $500 to $550, while the initial CDMA model that is available Stateside will be as high as $399 even after signing up for a contract. While this is a rumor, the source has hit the bullseye before in the past, especially with a scoop on the canceled RAZR 3. What do you think – will Palm actually price it higher than its obvious rival in a hara kiri move, or will they manage to wrestle top spot from Apple for the most desirable cell phone (while making millions at the same time)? Thanks to the Giz for the inspiration.
Next Story: Altec Lansing inMotion MAX
- 2011-01-08: Verizon iPhone to be available around the end of January?
- 2010-04-09: Blackberry Tablet Creates Buzz in Taiwan
- 2010-05-13: iPhone 4G in Vietnam seems to run on iPhone OS 4?
- 2010-06-01: Rumor: iPhone 4G chassis captured on video
- 2010-07-02: Samsung Galaxy S handles video out via 3.5mm headset jack