Rogers of Canada will be making available a couple of tough handsets sometime as early as this month – the Samsung Rugby A836 and ZTE Rock F165 (as seen above). For those living in the US, the Samsung Rugby is already out via AT&T, so you can check out the phone’s specifications via our previous coverage. As for the ZTE Rock F165, this candybar handset features an external antenna (a rarity these days where phones are concerned, but hey – we ain’t gonna call you names since you’ve got to be living a pretty tough lifestyle to need a rugged phone, so we won’t run the risk of getting pummeled and having our faces rearranged in a manner where even our own mothers won’t recognize us), GSM/HSDPA connectivity, a 176 x 220 resolution display and a 2 megapixel camera. The Samsung Rugby will cost $149.99 with a 3-year contract, while the ZTE Rock will retail for $79.99 with a similar agreement.
Next Story: Telegent Systems TLG2300 TV Tuner
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-18: Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2014-04-18: Twitter Parody Account Results In Police Raid At Home
- 2014-04-18: Future Google Nexus Smartphone Might Have MediaTek Solution Powering It
- 2014-04-18: Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)