[CES 2009] Samsung and Yahoo just made their mutual love and their love for TV-based web widgets official. In upcoming Samsung HDTV sets, users will be able to use Yahoo web services like Flickr or Yahoo Finance, but most importantly use third party ones like YouTube or ShowTime. There’s no mention of what hardware this runs on, but at IDF Intel and Yahoo were demonstrating these widgets.
It’s amazing that no one has developed the single most needed feature: a good TV guide! Anyway, I thought that the yahoo UI was nice and well done, now the question is whether or not they’ll actually make money out of it, or if it is yet another cool tech errand.
Next Story: ezGear UFO Surge Protector
- 2014-04-16 Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-01-17 Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-10 Dive Is The $89 Alternative To The Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-10 The Matias SecurePro Keyboard Comes With 128-bit AES Encryption
- 2014-01-10 Bens Electric cPot Cloud Intelligent Cooking Appliance