Apple might want to take over the transportation market as well by filing a patent that involves a safer touchscreen display. This patent will also include voice-activated directions; a detachable device that resembles an iPhone and doubles up as a still camera and camcorder. Navigation is accessible only by the front seat passenger while the vehicle is on the go, and the system will feature wireless communication subsystems including 802.11b/g, Bluetooth, CDMA, GSM and EDGE. This system could be the next best thing in vehicle navigation technology, but it remains to be seen whether Apple is able to make an impact as large as that of the iPhone and iPod.
Next Story: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Firmware Update
- 2014-04-14: Lechal Smart Shoes Update
- 2014-04-08: Toyota Sports Drive Logger Replays Circuit Runs At Home
- 2014-04-02: TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Sport Watch Announced
- 2014-03-27: Magellan SmartGPS 5390 Announced
- 2014-03-06: HereO Watch Helps Parents Keep Tabs On Their Kids