For those who have been waiting for Sony to reduce the price of their
phenomenally expensivePS3 console, here’s some bad news: Sony has just shot down rumors of an imminent PS3 price cut, although some analysts think that Sony will do otherwise between April and June to boost their flagging sales which are lagging behind offerings from Nintendo and Microsoft. According to Sony’s PR Manager, Al de Leon, “As we have stated previously, we do not have plans for a PS3 price drop, and rumors to that effect are false and are the result of speculation. SCEA remains focused on the long-term momentum of PS3. With the industry’s best software lineup this year, combined with our most aggressive marketing campaign to date, we remain confident in our approach and the value we’re delivering with PS3.” That might be right, but Sony has previously denied rumors that turned out to be true.
Next Story: PS3 Motion Sensing Remote A Done Deal
- 2014-04-14: Temple Run 2 Gets Cloud Support
- 2014-04-14: Video Games Do Not Negatively Impact Academic Performance In Adolescents [Study]
- 2014-04-14: University Professor Attempts To Explain Why Video Game Movies Tend To Fail
- 2014-04-14: Ben Heck Creates Foot Pedals That Can Be Used To Play Titanfall With
- 2014-04-14: Codemasters Teases Announcements, New F1 Title Likely