Daimler Trucks North America recently showcased the innovative “Predictive Cruise Control (PCC)” system that relies on both map and satellite-based route previews in order to save a rather substantial amount of fuel across the organization. It does things differently from a conventional cruise control system which attempts to maintain a preset speed no matter what the terrain is like, as the PCC system will prefer to search for an optimal route a mile in advance while adjusting engine output to the uphill and downhill gradients ahead. All this information will be processed by the on-board computer which then calculates the optimum speed to use the momentum of the truck to maximize fuel economy.
Next Story: Superheadz 35mm Golden Half Camera
- 2014-04-15: Cheaper Chevrolet Volt Could Arrive Soon
- 2014-04-14: KiraVan Custom-Made Camper Van Costs Millions
- 2014-04-14: Tesla Model S Owners Hack Own Cars, Discover Ubuntu
- 2014-04-14: Netherlands' Glow In The Dark Highway Is Now A Reality
- 2014-04-14: Alpine Working On Aftermarket CarPlay Console For Vehicles