Yesterday was the International Woman’s Day and here is a great opportunity to honor it:
The third-annual Women 2.0 Pitch 2009: Startup Competition is open to early-stage ventures around the world, from high growth business ventures in web 2.0 to mobile and biotech, consumer clean tech to consumer hardware. Applying companies must be in beta-stage and have not received significant funding. Teams with at least one female in the founding team are invited to compete for a chance to win:
- One-on-one meeting with Michael Moritz from Sequoia Capital
- 3 months of office space and mentoring from Plug and Play Tech Center
- Marketing strategy from MWW Group
- Legal support from Pillsbury
Five startups will be selected to present on Pitch Night (May 7th, 2009). The winner gets a meeting with Michael Moritz. Go to this page to apply.
Next Story: BlackBerry Curve 8900 Gets Firmware Leak
- 2011-06-16: Velocity Conference Live Streaming
- 2011-05-31: What's Next for Cloud Computing? Find Out at Structure 2011.
- 2011-04-10: Ubergizmo Giveaway: Motorola Xoom Powered by NVIDIA's Tegra 2 (Final call!)
- 2011-03-23: The Year of Digital Energy Has Arrived...
- 2010-12-05: TimelineX Laptop to Win @ Ubergizmo. Ends Monday Dec 6 at 23:59PT